The act of giving, in life or in death, says something about us. It is a reflection of who we are and what we believe in. Planned giving is a way to ensure your beliefs live on and your hopes for the future are realized in your absence. If you have not been able to give during your lifetime, planned gifts provide an opportunity to leave a lasting legacy.
Planned gifts are specific kinds of donations in which the donor benefits immediately and the charity benefits at the time of the donation, or in the future. For those who wish to take comfort in knowing that their gifts are being put to use right away, there are planned giving options that will benefit the cause without delay.
The Drumheller Area Health Foundation offers a variety of planned giving options that will benefit you now and ensure exceptional health care in the Drumheller area for years to come. You choose how you wish to leave your legacy. Gifts can be directed to health care areas that you have a personal connection to or interest in. Planned gifts, while they have a great impact on the future, maximize your income tax benefits today.
- Our legal name is Drumheller Area Health Foundation
- Our Charitable Business Number is BN89095 0041 RR0001
How will you leave your legacy?
Knowing you are leaving a legacy can be personally satisfying. How you leave your legacy is entirely up to you. Financial advisors can help you to develop a plan suited to your needs; a plan that ensures the well-being of you and your family, maximizes your tax benefits, and makes a difference to your community.
Although there are many ways to leave a planned gift, the most common include:
- Bequests through wills
- Gifts of life insurance
- Gifts of securities
- Establishing a scholarship
Where will you leave your legacy?
Planning your gift allows you to spend some time thinking about where you might like to see your gift put to use. We would encourage you to leave your gift to an area that you are most passionate about, such as the following areas of health care:
- Leading Through Innovation – leading edge technology and development of new treatments and care plans;
- Enhancing the Patient Experience – items and equipment that contribute to patient comfort;
- Learning – educational opportunities for staff and students pursuing health-related occupations;
- Living Well … Staying Well – programs and equipment that contribute to the health and well-being of communities.