The Foundation serves the greater Town of Drumheller, Alberta and the surrounding area including Starland County and Wheatland County with board representatives from these areas. The Board of Directors meets monthly and reviews requests for funding from the various medical units associated with the Drumheller Health Centre.
Our areas of interest include:
- Enhancing the Patient Experience
- Learning Advantage
- Leading Through Innovations
- Living Well, Staying Well programs
The lion's share of funding is raised from individuals, organizations, businesses and corporations. We depend on our constituents for the continued success of our fundraising.
We are a non-profit charitable organization governed by the Societies Act of Alberta and registered through Revenue Canada's Registered Charities, BN# 89095 0041 RR 0001. Donations are recognized and received as such.
Our incorporation was March 22, 1994 and since then, we've been able to facilitate improvements to the care of Albertans by raising funds and purchasing:
- CT Scan
- Ultrasound Equipment, including Portable Ultrasound
- Ambulances and Associated Equipment
- Cardiac Monitoring Equipment
- Laparoscopic Surgical Tower
- Specialized Operating Room Equipment
- Emergency Room Equipment, including Wheelchairs
- 2 ICU Beds & Ventilator
- 2 Healing Gardens
- Palliative Care Equipment and Sheepskins for Palliative Patients
- Equipment for the Continuing Care Unit
- Art Supplies for Opening Minds Through Art Program for Continuing Care Residents
- Care Enhancements and Equipment for the Community Cancer Centre, including Fuel Cards for Out-of-Town Treatments
- Physiotherapy Lift
- Fetal Heart Monitor & Maternal Health Equipment, including Newborn Scale
- Dialysis Unit
- Bus Passes for Home Care Patients
- Lab Equipment, and Much More
Hospital Garden built and maintained by the Drumheller Area Health Foundation. Located outside the Drumheller Health Centre.